Saturday, March 21, 2009

Dreaming of Weddings

I went shopping with a 19 year old friend to get get ideas for wedding dresses. We don't have a date yet, not even a groom, but we know that it will take a long time to get this dress made, and we wanted to start thinking about it. She wants a silk gown with lace, but she tried on prom gowns at the mall to get ideas. Here are some of the highlights.


The white gown is shirred at the waist and created a very flattering shape on her figure, but I don't know if I want to use $100 a yard lace in this manner.









The blue gown had the best neckline, but I have never done any draping, and I would have to learn before making the gown.








The green gown was the one that made her feel pretty. She carried herself differently when wearing it, and had a beautiful smile. Hummm. I wonder what this would look like in silk satin and lace?

No comments: