Monday, July 6, 2009

I Broke My Fabric Fast

I haven't bought any fabric all year, except for lining and a gift. This has been fine for working out muslins and making things out of wovens, but the knits in my stash were terrible. I have been looking locally, but I haven't found anything that I liked in colors that look good on me. Today I finally got to the point that I couldn't stand it any longer and I went totally crazy.

It all started with this beautiful poly knit from Gorgeous Fabrics. I think I fell in love with the print because of the colors, they fit well into my fall wardrobe direction and I will be able to wear it year-round here in Florida. I ended up ordering 5 different knits, 17 yards total all in colors that I know will look good on me. Thank you Gorgeous Fabrics for the Pantone colors. Then I went over to Fabric.com and ordered 7.5 yards of rayon blend knits. Although I love Fabric.com's free shipping, colors are a real guessing game without swatches, so I hope what I ordered will work. If not, I am sure I can find someone I know that will look good in the colors.

I am so excited. I now have 7 new fabrics that will really help move my wardrobe into current trends.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Gosh, I LOVED that fabric too. It still catches my eye so it's possible I make break down and buy it.