Sunday, May 24, 2009

Change of Plans

I have had a terrible time getting motivated with the mini wardrobe sew along. After looking at the fabric again last night, I realized that I don't like the fabrics, or even the skirt that was the center of the wardrobe. The dressy fabrics also do not fit my current lifestyle. Even though they were just meant to be muslins, they did not inspire me to sew. I decided to dump the entire plan and start over.

I found out that the Stitcher's Guild was having a wardrobe sew along, so I am going to try to complete a mini wardrobe by their guidelines. It involves making an accessory, an area where I have a huge gap in my wardrobe, so if I complete it, I will have all that I need to look put together.

I checked out my closet and found in the dark corner a denim jacket I love, but have rarely worn, because I have nothing the wear with it, and the way I am loosing weight, I will never get to wear it if I don't make something right away.

I went through my stash and found these fabrics that will set it off.

I haven't decided exactly what I am going to do with it, but I am looking forward to sewing this wardrobe, and I think it will get a lot of use. The three fabrics on the left are knits that will be made into shirts. The fabrics on the right are a tan twill and a plaid seersucker. They will probably be skirts, as I wear mostly skirts during the summer.

No comments: